Welcome to the Soybean Meal INFOcenter website. The objective of this website is to provide technical information on soybean meal to the feed manufacturer, professional nutritionist, feed formulator, livestock and poultry producer, and the general public interested in learning more about soybean meal. The website is designed to be a "Center" or source of key information regarding soybean meal as an important supplemental protein for livestock, poultry and the special markets.
Included in the Soybean Meal INFOsource activities are several ways that you can access information on soybean meal or answer your questions on soybean meal as a feed ingredient:
• A website (http://www.soymeal.org) provides up-to-date information on soybean meal. This website will be updated bimonthly to assure those interested in soybean meal have access to the most recent information on soybean meal. This website will be your source for technical information on soybean meal featuring nutritional reviews, new research articles appearing in the world's literature, soybean production and marketing information and other information of value to feed formulators.
• A newsletter that is published bimonthly and emailed free of charge to anyone that can use the information.
• An E-mail address that can be used to contact us. We welcome your questions about the proper use of soybean meal.
• Telephone access to contact the program administrator (Grant Kimberley), 515-251-8640) or technical advisor (Dr. Keith Smith, 573-756-2284).
• Please contact these individuals if you want to speak to someone about soybean meal.
• A booth/exhibit at major feed trade shows providing information on the proper use of soybean meal. The booth will be at the International Poultry Exposition, , the World Pork Expo, World Aquaculture Conference and Expo and the World's Dairy Expo.
• You can also contact the program administrator by mail at the Iowa Soybean Association, 1255 SW Prairie Trail Pkwy., Ankeny, IA. 50023.
Keith Smith, who is recognized as a leader in soybean utilization and production research, will develop the material for the Soybean Meal INFOsource newsletter and website. Dr. Smith received his Ph.D. from Iowa State University, trained in animal nutrition and has 35 years of experience in research administration. He has lectured internationally, conducted meal evaluations in various countries and has represented oilseed meal producers for 10 years on feed industry's nutrition council. Dr. Smith will see to it that your questions are answered and you will receive the appropriate information requested.
The Soybean Meal Information Center program is sponsored by the Soybean Checkoff: Including the checkoff boards from Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, South Dakota and the United Soybean Board. The Checkoff Boards are interested in the continued satisfaction of soybean end users. Soybean Meal INFOsource activities reflect the desire of the soybean industry to better communicate the many qualities of soybean products and assist end users with your needs, while at the same time, provide the coordination needed amoung all links in the soybean chain from soybean growers all the way to the end users of soybean meal.
We hope you will contact us. Visit our website; E-mail us; call us; or stop by the booth - we would be pleased to talk to you about soybean meal. We want to provide you with accurate information that you can use.
Sponsored by the Soybean Checkoff
The Soybean Meal INFOsource program is funded by the Soybean Checkoff: Including the checkoff boards from Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota and South Dakota
Those involved with the soybean checkoff are interested in the continued satisfaction of soybean end users. The Soybean Meal INFOsource reflects the desire of the soybean industry to better communicate the many qualities of soybean products and assist end users with your needs, while at the same time, provide the coordination needed among all links in the soybean chain, from growers all the way to the end users of soybean meal.
We hope you will find this web site to be a valuable source of information that is not readily available elsewhere. And, we invite you to give us the names of others you believe would benefit from receiving the newsletter. Simply complete the online reply card located on this web site or e-mail us at, and we will see to it that your suggested names are added to our database.
We hope you will contact us. Visit our web site ... use the toll-free telephone service ... or write, call or fax us. And, be sure to stop by our booth at the the International Poultry Exposition in Atlanta, the American Feed Industry Association in St. Louis and the World Pork Expo in Des Moines and the Aquaculture America Conference.
We want to provide the feed industry with the adequate and accurate information you need to be a success. We invite you to take advantage of the Soybean Meal INFOsource.