Trusted information & resources for animal nutrition.


Sign Up
Published By Soybean Growers For The Feed Industry
August 2016
August 2016

World Soybean Production & Soybean Meal Use (2016/2017)

The U.S.D.A. is estimating world soybean production in the 2016/2017 market year will be 333.414 million metric tons. The United States estimate is 111.5 million metric tons, or 4,060 million bushels. Three countries, Brazil, Argentina and the U.S., are projected to produce about 82% of the world’s total soybeans.

World soybean meal use is closely related to the country’s livestock and poultry enterprises. China, European Union, U.S. and Brazil account for about 60% of the world’s use of soybean meal; with the remaining 40% spread between numerous countries with commercial livestock and poultry operations.